Uuuups, something went wrong - Can't create any records

Hi there,
I’ve just installed Cockpit to try it out as the backend for a project I’m working on. Installation completed successfully and I can login.I have given write access to storage and all subfolders.

Unfortunately when I try to create a Collection, Region or Form I have an error saying:
500 Uuuups, something went wrong.

I copied the following information from the System Information page in case it helps.
System
General
Version 0.5.5
Cache
119.84 KB

PHP

Version 5.6.35
PHP SAPI cgi-fcgi
System Linux uk6.siteground.eu 3.12.18-clouder0 #28 SMP Thu Mar 8 11:53:03 EET 2018 x86_64
Loaded Extensions Core, date, ereg, libxml, openssl, pcre, sqlite3, zlib, bcmath, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, dba, dom, enchant, hash, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, SPL, iconv, session, intl, json, ldap, mbstring, mcrypt, standard, mysql, mysqli, pcntl, mysqlnd, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_pgsql, pdo_sqlite, pgsql, Phar, posix, pspell, readline, Reflection, imap, shmop, SimpleXML, soap, sockets, exif, sysvmsg, sysvsem, tidy, tokenizer, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, cgi-fcgi, bz2_filter, mailparse, memcache, memcached, mhash, ionCube Loader
Memory limit 768M
Upload file size limit 128M

I assume I’ve done something silly in the installation so I hope this is an easy one to fix. Thanks!

Hi,

do you have access to the php error log files?

Yes, sorry I should have included that in the first post. I reset the error log file and generated the error again. Here it is:

[07-May-2018 12:14:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'SplFileObject::__construct(/home/wordling/public_html/cockpit/assets/app/media/icons/plus-circle.svg): failed to open stream: Too many open files' in /home/wordling/public_html/cockpit/lib/Lime/Helper/Filesystem.php:48
Stack trace:
#0 /home/wordling/public_html/cockpit/lib/Lime/Helper/Filesystem.php(48): SplFileObject->__construct('/home/wordling/...')
#1 /home/wordling/public_html/cockpit/storage/tmp/region.php.c8a5cea5504a4b4fe123f5f6914573cc.lexy.php(41): Lime\Helper\Filesystem->ls('*.svg', 'assets:app/medi...')
#2 /home/wordling/public_html/cockpit/lib/Lexy.php(435): include('/home/wordling/...')
#3 /home/wordling/public_html/cockpit/lib/Lexy.php(124): lexy_include_with_params('/home/wordling/...', Array, '/home/wordling/...')
#4 /home/wordling/public_html/cockpit/lib/LimeExtra/App.php(107): Lexy->file('/home/wordling/...', Array)
#5 /home/wordling/public_html/cockpit/lib/LimeExtra/Controller.php(43): LimeExtra\App->view('regions:views/r...', Array)
#6 / in /home/wordling/public_html/cockpit/lib/Lime/Helper/Filesystem.php on line 48

Now that I see that error, it seems to be the same as this one: https://github.com/agentejo/cockpit/issues/743

I’m also using siteground.

I never experienced this issue before, is there a way that you contact siteground to increase the limit?

It’s shared hosting so I don’t think so unfortunately. According to the other post I linked to he already tried and could not increase the limit.

I think the limit is already at 1024 which seems like it should be enough.