Is cockpit dying?

This is one of the best api based cms’s I have tried, but the pretty much non-existant documentation and lack of support is making it very hard to stay. Is the project dying?

This is a silly question. What kind of answers are you expecting to this?!

Cockpit is a project one single person (@artur) came up with - this person has a life, friends and a job. He is just sharing his tools with the world. I guess this is quite a fine turn, isn’t it?!

If you are not able to figure out stuff your self or if your are too impatient to await answers to your support request, go ahead and write your own CMS or become a cockpit patron - I could imagine this would be way appreciated. Perhaps it helps to motivate the authors to improve the documentation.

I’m quite sure all people who are involved in developing and improving cockpit are putting their best effort into it in order to make it better in just every way. It’s a complex system with many great ideas and super comfortable usage; you can use if for free. So please just acceppt the backside of the coin that there may be no focus on support.

Cheers

Hi Jesper,

I can tell you that Cockpit isn’t dying. It is quite the opposite to be honest. Traffic and usage is growing from month to month.

Documentation needs improvement, yes! I fully agree here. I still hope that this will become a community effort as I’m almost 100% buried under contract work and additional projects + I have a family and friends I need to take care for.

If you need immediate support, you can always get commercial support from me
at https://agentejo.com.

Free support should be also a community effort. That’s why I put up this forum so you can support each other and build a Cockpit Community. I try to help from time to time but again my time is pretty limited right now.

So feel invited to contribute :wink:

Would be sad to see you leave but maybe we can welcome you back some time :slight_smile:

Greets,
Artur