Cant find Tutorials, Examples or Best Practices on Cockpit

Hello,

trying out cockpit for the first time I found via blog.derakkilgo.com/2017/01/30/i-love-cockpit-cms/ a link to a supposedly existent tutorial on getcockpit.com/docs#!tutorials/simple_blog

But sadly, this page does not exist any more. I reckon it would have given me some much needed information on how to approach cockpit.

Being a sysadmin and not a webdev, thus with only limited experience on CMS and none on headless CMS, for cockpit in particular I could not find any tutorials, best practices or even examples on getcockpit or the i-net.

My Question:
Is the tutorial mentioned above or any other example or best practice available?

A big appreciation from my side if you know any source of information for a beginner in cockpit.

Kind regards,
Andy

3 Likes

I can’t agree more. Examples are missing a lot, but by reading other cms documentation or playing around with it, it gets a bit clearer how to use it.

For example, Strapi’s documentation is just great and it is very readable.

They also provide a very simple demo, which also can open eyes.

And the great thing that they did is they created a special repo for others to upload their examples and share with those.

The best thing I was able to find in CockpitCMS context is this video and its repo by @pauloamgomes

You are right @Rozkalns, but as you can understand cockpit is mostly one man job (@artur), I strongly believe the way to go is the people that is using it start to contribute, and documentation seems a good starting point. Your suggestion (demo) is also very interesting, it could be just a repo (no frontend and docker based), providing cockpit with a typical website scenario (pre defined collections, layout components, etc…) and information about all rest endpoints.

4 Likes

It is available, but the used functions are outdated. It was for the old legacy branch.
https://github.com/COCOPi/cockpit-docs/blob/master/tutorials/simple_blog.md

When I first started to use cockpit, I had to

• read the code
  • modify the functions from the tutorial
  • read the Lime README

before I got any useful output with a simple PHP frontend.