Upgrading to v2.8.3

Hello, I would like to upgrade Cockpit to version 2.8.3, the latest published version. When I download cockpit-core.zip, unzip, upload to XAMPP, run /install, and navigate home, I get the following page. I have not modified the folder in any way. What could be the reason I am getting this?

Installing works on server fine. I will work on this on the production server. The problem is my local install. I am using a fresh install of XAMPP on Windows 11 with Apache installed with GD enabled, the rest are set to defaults. I unzipped to the htdocs folder and started the local PHP server, but after /install, I just get the 404 page.

I have the same problem when using the latest versions of cockpit, after performing/installing any route I try to access the results in 404.

The only thing that works for me is using cockpit with docker, so I think it will be some outdated tool.

Did you find any solution?

Hey, welcome to the community! I did not find any solution for my local copy. I did however install v2.8.3 on my web hosting server which supports Cockpit (message for info!), and it worked fine. It was probably an issue with my local setup, but I could not find out why. I suggest transferring to web hosting and then checking if it works. If it works, the issue is with your local setup, and you can try to make it as close to the web hosting server setup as possible. That’s what I would recommend.

+ Make sure you are using a clean install with proper .htaccess setup.

1 Like