[Noob question] (How) can I create custom layout components like sliders, banners and so on?

Hey again.

I’m sure this is a very easy question, but I just can’t find a solution to that.

I have a collection for all of my pages. The frontend always requests the needed page by applying a filter to the name of the page. This is what the collection looks like:

As you can see, there are three fields. The first two ones are meta attributes. The third field is a layout field. This is where I maintain all of the contents, like Titles, texts and images, for the according page.

This is working really good with my current frontend setup.

But now I’m wondering how I can create custom components for the Layout field (called “pagecontents” in the image above). As well all know, some webpages have special components like customer quotes, banners with text, trustpilot scores and so on.

Is it possible, and if yes how, to create such elements as custom components for the layout field?

Thanks in advance for your help! And again I want to apologize if my question is a bit doo doo.
Have a great day!

1 Like

I don’t have much experience with the layout field myself yet, but browsing the forum I found this addon

via Layout field type - #2 by artur

Is this what you were looking for?

1 Like

@abernh Really strange. I’ve been searching for almost two days before asking this question to prevent asking something that has already been answered. No idea how I haven’t found that repo.

Anyhow. This was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a lot!

Cheers