I would love to have some more options to customize my dashboard. It’s the first thing I see on every login and normally I skip the page completely.
The core widgets aren’t customizable. If I have more than 5 collections, the one I search for never appears on top of the widget list. The aside widgets aren’t wide enough and the main widget is too wide… When I don’t need the huge main area, half of the page is empty…
A few things, I would change (sorted by priority):
- disable or remove time widget (the timer doesn’t work and I really don’t need it)
- add a check if
$widget['disabled'] == true
- now it’s possible to deactivate widgets with a request or in the database
- change area sizes to 1-3 or add area, that splits main in half… or skip this point and go to point 5 - grid layout
- GUI to activate it again / to manage widgets
- I’m not sure about the best place
/settings/widgets--> user needs settings access
/accounts/account--> seems to be the right place
- grid layout
- move whole areas
- move single widgets
- resize widgets
It’s not the most important thing right now, but it would clean the dashboard and building custom widgets would be a pleasure.
@artur Do you have other plans with the dashboard?
@aalbinson Do you want to join?