Is it possible to override dashboard.php?

Hi all,
I’m in the process of customizing my Cockpit admin ui and so far I’ve been able to do implement most of the changes with css.

One of the changes I’m having a hard time figuring out is setting the collections page as the default dashboard. I tried copying the dashboard.php into my config (trying in different sub-folder locations), but it’s not taking effect.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to override the dashboard.php or possibly just change the route to use the collections endpoint instead?

TIA,
Chris

I’ve attached a screenie of my collections page, which I’m wanting to set as the dashboard content (or default route).

Hi @smokeyfro, it should be, check on User specific route after login

btw, your styles look really good, any plans to share them?

Hey Paul,

Thank you - that’s exactly what I was looking for! :smiley:

As for the style changes, I’m planning on writing up a couple of tutorials covering my Cockpit/Gridsome setup (including the admin style changes), but might consider moving the style changes to an add-on if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Chris

3 Likes

think it’s a great idea :ok_hand:

@pauloamgomes you up for a collab?

If going the add-on route, I’d like to have an intuitive settings page to customize the various aspects of the UI (branding, color schemes, etc) and would need to figure out how to hook into the core layouts to add some additional layout specific classes.

I was also thinking it would be nice to extend the component icon to have an option to upload a custom icon, rather than manually copying your icons into the icons folder. Possibly later integrating a couple icon fonts for a broader selection.

Lastly, adding an option to select the default login route and maybe creating some useful dashboard widgets to warrant keeping the dashboard.

Anywho, just thinking out loud here. We should probably first establish whether anyone is actually interested in having it as an add-on before getting stuck in :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

i am actually interested, sorry to restart a dead thread. Currently have made changes via CSS only but css has its own limits lol.