Cannot get Cockpit CMS running on MacOS

Hello,

I am currently trying to get Cockpit CMS working on my mac running High Sierra. However I am quite new to this so please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

• I have configured Apache to server content from a directory called Sites, and enabled PHP
  • I was able to install cockpit-cms but when I try to go to the login page, I only get warnings. Here are the warnings:

Warning : strpos(): Empty needle in /Users/eric/Sites/cockpit-master/bootstrap.php on line 40

Warning : session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /Users/eric/Sites/cockpit-master/bootstrap.php:40) in /Users/eric/Sites/cockpit-master/lib/Lime/App.php on line 1523

Warning : Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Users/eric/Sites/cockpit-master/bootstrap.php:40) in /Users/eric/Sites/cockpit-master/lib/Lime/App.php on line 404

• I have enabled mod_rewrite and I installed gd using brew (brew install gd)

Any help would be appreciated.

Is your $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] an empty string? - Than add a DocumentRoot to your Apache config. I just guessed, because I never had to do this myself.

The first warning means, that the searched needle $COCKPIT_DOCS_ROOT is an empty string.

See: https://github.com/agentejo/cockpit/blob/master/bootstrap.php#L37

The both other warnings appear, because session_start must be called before any output - and there is already some output from warning 1.