How to change the dashboard UI language?

Hello,

I’m trying to find out how to change the UI language to another language than English (fr-FR), but I cannot find a way nor indications on how to do it with cockpit v2.

Is it possible?

Thank you

Official translations are in the making. But you can already create at least the language files on your own by running ./tower app:i18n:create fr in Cockpits root folder.

Then you need to edit the generated files with language strings in ./config/i18n/*

Thank you for your answer. I will look forward an official translation before to use this :slight_smile:

Hello. Files are created but do not respond to translation. What could be the problem?

Thanks

You have to select the language in your profile/account settings

After language selection, only @meta array in language file works. Thank you

I also have an issue with translation. It’s only working at few places on the UI for me.

Example from the config\i18n\Content\fr.php file
This translation is fine (I can see it when I click to create a new model)
‘Tree’ => ‘Arbre’,

But this one never works, regardless of the context:
‘Content’ => ‘Contenu’,

Most translations do not seem to work. Another example. This one is supposed to translate the “Hello” message on the dashboard, but I can’t see it (config\i18n\App\fr.php)
‘Hello.’ => ‘Bonjour.’,

Any clue?

Thanks

Yo, Bro.
This array is empty. Therefore, the language files do not work.

Please give feedback. Thanks

UP

Anyone have been able have the translation fully working?

I’d love to use V2, but translation is a key feature for me, and it’s not working. I updated V2 to 2.3.7 but I still have the same issue.

Edit: translation working only on vue components

Thanks

This is no problem in PHP with isset(). It’s more a JS thing to check all parent properties.

I just tested if with my Babel addon (latest version with OPCache invalidation after saving) and it works well on my local machine.

See also:

OPCache was enabled. I tried to disable it but it doesn’t change.

Here are my php settings. Can you check if you see something wrong?

EDIT:

It’s working on my web hosting. After a first look, I don’t see missing php extensions on my local machine. Biggest diff is local is running under apache while litespeed is used on hosting. I’ll continue to compare both environments.