How do I 'get' a particular Collection item

I have some collections and I can grab them and generate a menu. Fine.

However, how do I then link from my menu items to the individual collection items? I see there are IDs and such returned but nothing I can see in the documentation to grab an individual item.

Or am I completely missing something? :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve run into a similar issue, I canā€™t find the article that answered my question, but youā€™ll have to use a filter parameter on the request.

Hereā€™s an example

https://domain.com/api/collections/get/collection?filter[ID]=ID_You_Want

You can also link collections together in Cockpit. So you could make a ā€œmenu itemsā€ collection, and then have a ā€œmenusā€ collection that grabs menu items. Then with one request you can get all the menu items you need.

Ok - that makes sense, thanks.

Is that filter thing documented anywhere? (I didnā€™t see it)

I donā€™t think you missed anything in their documentation. Based on my experience with Cockpit, the main documentation just has the basics covered.

You can do pretty much anything youā€™d like Cockpit as long as youā€™re willing to take the time to search the forums, and tinker with your install.

This question is where I found the filter options. I had to tinker with it to suit my needs.

I found that searching for my specific use case will pull up one or two entries that are similar, and then from there I can find the keywords that others have used to describe what Iā€™m looking for. Then searching for the keywords, thereā€™s usually an entry with a pretty in-depth explanation.

1 Like

This brings me to a follow up question. Is there some way to search on different fields?

Using the ID implies non human readable URLs in the browser if I have to link on them. Iā€™d like to add a ā€˜slugā€™ field and be able to search on that.