Sorting Entries

Greetings,
Is there a way to sort Entries within a collection ? It appears from other posts, it can be done through the API, but is there a way to do it right within the CMS/backend dashboard ?

Thanks

1 Like

Do you mean sorting for displaying or do you want to change the order of the items forever?

If you mean for displaying and you didn’t enable “Custom sortable entries” in the collections settings, just click on the table headline to order the entries by a specific field. After you did it, look at the url in your browser. There is a json string, that can be adjusted with custom filters, that aren’t available via the ui.

If you want to change the order and save it, you have to enable “Custom sortable entries”. Now you can drag and drop your entries to your needs.

Yes that’s exactly what I needed to do, enable “custom sortable entries” in the collections settings. Thank you!

Hi,
Is there a way to sort in a dashboard filtered entries?
Ex. I have collection with entries organized in categories by linked them with a Collectionlink Field Type. So, the case I want to reproduce is to filter collection by category name (by the name of other entry in Category Collection) the filtering works fine, but the ability to drag for sorting is dissapeared for filtered results.

1 Like