New addon ModuleLink

I wrote an addon to link complete collections, singletons and forms:

Code reviews and suggestions are very welcome. Please discuss about it here or in the addon issues.

Can you explain why this plugin might be useful and what are differences in your screenshot between modules, anotherfilter, forms and pageslinks, multi?

Of course. With collectionlinks you can link and populate single items. With modulelinks you can link and populate complete collections (or singletons or forms).

Example:

You have a collection with images. Each entry is an image with a description and some meta data. In another collection “pages” you can link a single image with a collectionlink or all images with a modulelink.

In the backend there is no preview for all the content of a collection for now. I have some other points on my to do list before I can work on it. But if you call your collection through the api with

{
  "populate":"1", // populate collectionlinks 1 level deep
  "populate_module":"1" // populate modulelinks 1 level deep
}

or

{
  "populate":"qwe", // simple hack to trigger populate function without populating collectionlinks
  "populate_module":"2" // populate modulelinks 2 levels deep
}

all entries of the collection will be populated.

Explanation of field names in screenshot

The names were just small reminders in a test collection. I was too lazy to build a new one when I published the screenshots.

module

field type: modulelink

options:

{
  "module": "collections",
  "filter": {
    "type": "foo",
    "color": "#FFCE54"
  }
}

pageslink

field type: collectionlink