Display property for Set field

Hi there, I am creating a small tutorial for cockpit, so that the interns can work more easily with it.

While describing the Set field type, I stumbled in a problem (or maybe just lack of knowledge from my side).

I tried to create this field using the UI, where the value of the personal_id field would be displayed to represent this set.

The field was created and I added this entry:

But when I look at the list, it display the name of the field (or uses the value provided as a literal string), instead of the value of the field.

Is my configuration wrong somehow?

You’re very close. Just wrap your field names into {} and it should display the correct value

{
  "display": "{field1}",
  "fields": [
    {
      "name": "field1",
      "type": "text"
    },
    {
      "name": "field2",
      "type": "text"
    }
  ]
}

via Renderer for set field in backend - #8 by artur

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, that did the trick, the interesting for me is that in a repeater you don’t need to use the curly braces.

When i try the config for the multiple set field from your answer i get {field1}, not field1 value

I’m using version 2.2.1, maybe something has changed in the syntax since your answer? Or am I doing something wrong?
Thank you in advance.

Please try ${data.field1} as a display field setting

Thanks a lot, it works. And why in this case it is necessary to write in this way? Is there any documentation about template syntax?